JOIN ON FACEBOOK

Sunday 24 March 2013

The prize money will help us pay the home loan: Jay

The prize money will help us pay the home loan: Jay
Nach Baliye-5 winners Mahhi-Jay
Jay Bhanushali and Mahhi Vij spoke to us after winning the Nach Baliye Season 5 trophy.
How has the experience of NachBaliye been?

J: It has been a superb experience. Show ke shuruwat mein I was 82 kg, now I am 12 kg lesser. When Shah Rukh Khan had delivered the dialogue, 'Kuch pane ke liye kuch khona padta hai', I didn't understand, but now I do. Nach Baliye has made me do things which I haven't done earlier. I have also worn costumes that I haven't worn ever. I used to hate chamkile clothes, but as a performer I am now used to it. The best part is now people respect me as a serious dancer, which they earlier did not. The whole credit goes to my choreographers Omkar and Vivek. I was a bad dancer but a hardworking dancer, and they worked hard on me. I am happy that they got Rs 5 lakh and an opportunity to choreograph a song for a film. Mahhi is a very dedicated and hard working person, I got my inspiration from her. Biwi ki zid se mai yaha tak pahucha

M: From the very first day, when Jay decided he will do it, I know we would win. He always said, 'Don't think of being in the finals, just think of winning the trophy.' He didn't even let me go home till the time I was perfect in my steps. The journey has been nice. We discovered a lot about each other, about life and dancing. We didn't want it to end so soon Teen mahine kab nikal gaye pata hi nahi chala.

How did you celebrate the win?

M: The feeling hasn't sunk in yet. There was a party in our honour, which we went to. Then, since my birthday is just a week away, (April 1), we will have a bigger party.

What has been your best performance till date in your opinion?

J: I like performances with a message, so our best one will be the Maa performance that we did for Govinda. It was very touching. I can't even explain what I went through during the performance.

M: According to me, the performance where we dressed up as Sunny and Bobby Deol was the best.

Which performance was the most difficult?

J: Every performance is difficult for a non-dancer like me. But still, the most difficult would be the Kathakali performance where I had to wear a 45 kilo costume and a 3 kilo ka head gear.

What do you plan to do with the prize money?

J: We got Rs 50 lakh, which we will use to pay off our home loan. It is a big thing for us as now the tension will be much lesser. Anyone who has a loan is looking for a chamatkar to earn money, and I saw that chamatkar in the form of Nach Baliye.

M: We will also go to Spain for a vacation, once we are free from Shriman vs Shrimati.

Did it help that you were the only couple in the final four who were not doing any other show apart from Nach Baliye?

J: To be really frank, it is not the hours, but the quality of work that you put in. Even when we practiced for just two days in a weak, we performed well. And those doing daily shows had an advantage as their fan following transferred in the form of votes.

Now that you have established yourself as a dancer, anchor and actor, would you now try hands at singing?

J: No, never. I don't want to torture my fans.

Now is Bollywood the next step?

J: Every TV actor wants to become a Bolly actor. I will also want that I take my career to that level. Even when I do TV, it's not for money. I always want to do good work. I believe in Aamir Khan's philosophy, that ek kaam karo, par aisa karo ki log saal bhar yaad rakhe.

M: I don't plan. If I get something good as Nakusha, I will take up a daily soap also.

Who is your favourite judges?

J: I like Sajid Khan while Mahhi like Shilpa Shetty Kundra. I have seen Sajid when he was an anchor. He is an inspiration for a lot of people. He boosted our confidence but unse darr bhi lagta hai.

M: I like Shilpa, since she is like an elder sister. Sajid is blunt and transparent and since Terence is a dancer, he appreciates good dance.

Was there any strategy that you followed?

J: Our well-wishers used to tell us that reality shows mein jo shuru se acha karta hai, they never win. So don't give consistently good performances. Give one or two bad performances, nahi to phasoge. I would just ask, 'How do I give bad performances?'

M: I think the tandav was the most difficult.

It's a known fact that Mahhi is very possessive about you....

J: Not at all. She trusts me. Even if she is possessive, I like it because you are only possessive about the person you love a lot. And with the person I am, it is important for someone to take full care of me. She is not just my wife, but also handles my calls, my work. She runs the show. There have been instances when I have forgotten to even collect my payment from production houses, it is she who reminds me.

There is a buzz that your struggle story started a sympathy wave in your favour?

J: Now that we have won, people are going to say all this. I just want to ask, 'Were my performances weak?

No comments:

Post a Comment